Blog Archive

Thursday 2 June 2016

I’ve achieved 80% goals for my constituency – Rashid Pelpuo

Rashid PepuoThe Member of Parliament for Wa Central, Dr. Rashid Pelpuo has disclosed that he has achieved about “70 to 80 percent” of targets he set for his constituents. According to him, when he became MP, he realized that his constituency lagged behind in terms of development with respect to education and social amenities.


 Speaking on the Point Blank Segment of Eyewitness News on Wednesday, Dr. Pelpuo said today such facilities have been provided for his constituents with more underway saying “I have gone very far with the targets.”

“There was an instance when only two people had graduated from the medical school from my constituency. I told myself that I needed to sit down and address all these challenges.” “I found that people were drinking water from pond and getting cholera. I knew what I wanted to do. 

I needed to give them water, school blocks, I needed to ensure that students sit in comfort to learn. They have the confidence to learn that I want to study to the university level or move out of the country to study. All these things were combination of efforts I put through myself,” he added. He explained that currently there are number of school projects scattered all over his constituency. “When I went to the constituency I went to a twin community called Pegru-Ahiyor. I went to find that they had used mud-bricks to build a place for themselves for a school block and it was so miserable.

 I told them I needed to help them but we were in opposition by then, I did my lobbying but I failed. I came back to give them some roofing sheets and cements and I promised to get them a school block. Today go to that school and you will be marveled about the sort of classroom block there.” He also said, his constituency had in 2006 been described as one which cannot get potable water. 

“In 2006, I came to Parliament and made a case for my people. There were cases of cholera running through the constituency; people didn’t have potable water to drink. So I invited the Minister of Water Resources Works and Housing to answer questions as to when Wa was going to get potable water. He said Wa would get water maybe in 20 years because the terrain was bad. 

The water table was high and it was very difficult to get water in Wa.” He said today, a water project is underway in Wa to have water tapped from the Black Volta for the people in the area and neighboring towns. Dr. Rashid Pelpuo is seeking to represent the people of Wa Central again in Parliament.

 – By: Godwin A. Allotey/citifmonline.com/Ghana

 - See more at: http://citifmonline.com/2016/06/02/ive-achieved-80-goals-for-my-constituency-rashid-pelpuo/#sthash.p8KTFA16.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment